Some of my users are able to break Direct Access and when they run gpupdate /force they are getting
“The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not apply the registry-based policy settings for the Group Policy object LocalGPO. Group Policy settings will not be resolved until this event is resolved. View the event details for more information on the file name and path that caused the failure.”
To fix it:
Go to the: C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy (This folder is hidden)
Go to the machine folder: rename registry.pol to registry.bak
Run gpupdate /force
After deployed Windows 2012/16 and promoting it to AD SYSVOL folder is not sync with Windows 2008. Problem this exists because Windows 2008 in default is using FSRM when Windows 2012/16 DFSR to sync SYSVOL.
Fix: migrating FRS to DFSR SYSVOL.
1. If you deployed Windows 2012 and have this problem please uninstall AD role from new server.
2. Go to your old AD server and raised domain level to at least Windows Sever 2008.
1. Cancel the Initial Configuration Wizard on the physical host
2. RUN -> Regedit
3. Remove the registry key telling the Wizard to auto-load:
Delete the entry named: EssentialsRoleConfigWizard
4. Open Server Manager and remove ALL roles/features, EXCEPT those specified below: * ROLES left installed: Storage Services
* FEATURES left installed: .NET Framework 4.5(no ASP or WCF), SMB 1.0/CIFS, Graphical Management Tools, Server Graphical Shell, PowerShell 4.0, WoW64 Support 5. After removing roles/features and rebooting, you can go ahead and install the Hyper-V role then create your VM