Today I am going to describe problem which happens very often on the virtual Windows machines, however I have seen people complying about this problem on the physical servers.
Problem: Windows is not recognizing correct space of the disk after extended it in the Disk Manager.
Than you noticed that yours disk needs more space, after extended space of the virtual disk in the Hyper-v you went to the disk manager and extend the disk. However Windows is still not recognizing space which you just added it.
Easy fix it for this.
Go to command prompt and enter the following commands:
C:\DISKPART>select volume # (select volume which has problem with recognizing space)
Few days ago my boss asked me to check one hard drive. I was able to get everything. However next time when we connected this hard drive windows asked us to format it (RAW ).
This is how I fixed it.
- Go to Disk Management .
- Right click on problematic partition and chose option Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click add if partition is not mounted.
- Change letter for example X.
- Go to RUN.
- Type CMD.
- Type chkdsk X: /f
- Chkdsk should report some issues and fix them 🙂
That’s all folks.
Sometimes Windows has problem with activation. We can easy solve this problem from command line.
Activation Windows from Command Line:
Find CMD and “Run as administrator”
slmgr -ipk your-mak-key-here
If everything went well you will see this windows
Type: slmgr -ato
Deactivation Windows from Command Line:
Find CMD and “Run as administrator”.
If everything went well you will see this window.
Now your Windows installation is fully genuine.
Problem Stuck Job Print.
Probably everyone who has printer experienced problem with stuck documents in queue. This is my solution how to fix this problem.
- Open Services.
- Find and stop Service Print Spooler.
- Open RUN and past
- Delete all files in this folder.
- Open Services and start Service Print Spooler.
- Enjoy your printing.
Also which I strongly recommended you can use simple script which can do it for you automatically.
- Open Notepad.
- Copy text bellow.
echo Cleaning the the print spooler
net stop spooler
echo Removing documents in the print queue
del /q /f /s "%systemroot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*"
net start spooler
echo All DONE!!
- Save the file and give good easy name like clean_printer_spooler.bat
- Right click on script and “Run as administrator”
- Save your script in save place and use always when you have a problem.